Story Lab Week 12

For this story lab, I will do some storybook research. My first two stories were Death and Birth. Since the title of the storybook is No Birth No Death, this makes sense. So far, mother earth has explained that their is no death to ruru and no birth to king Janaka. At the end of the last story, the main realization was that creation is simply a disguise for transformation. This is an important idea that is really the core of No Birth No Death. Since this is the resolution, I will title the next story Transformation because this is what is actually happening, No Birth No Death Yes Transformation if you will. This, I think, I will show with the Judas-Tree, which is a story I just read. In this story, the brothers are confused about the state of the tree because they only see it in one season. They are confused because the tree is transforming constantly, which is causing them to see something different each time. The Judas-Tree story can be found here. I also really started to appreciate this concept when told the example of waste becoming compost that turns into dirt, from which new plants can grow. There is another retelling of the story on a website called under the influence.
Compost on Pixabay 

Comments

Popular Posts