Story Lab: Writers Write Part 2

I decided to take notes on some tips from the Writers Write website again because I found this really helpful last time. One article discussed how to define your characters narrative; this, apparently, is strongly motivated by the why. Why your character makes their choices is what creates their narrative and the arc of their choices. The three main questions that are mention are why does your character react in a certain way? why does the character choose a goal? why will the character win or lose? I also read Andrew Motion's 10 rules for writers. I thought this would be a good way to look at the lessons learned by an experienced writer. I particularly agreed with one of his rules; honor the miraculousness of the ordinary. I love writing about just the human experience. The emotional and mental journeys people go on, in reality, are enough; there is no need for supernatural powers or particularly talented protagonist.
Book Pages on Libreshot

Comments

Popular Posts