Week 8 Reading and Writing

I like my blog. I tried to keep it simple because this is what I preferred. I changed the picture from a random cat to a piece of art by Thich Nhat Hanh that I really like. I also like the setup of my website. The title is what inspired the rest of the storybook and the image describes the concept well.

The reading and writing assignments are going well. The reading really helps inspire what to write about. I sort of started just writing notes over what inspired me, whether this related to character development, plot, or style. This tended to flow better than trying to use a specific notes strategy.

My favourite reading so far was probably the Divine Archer. The last part where Sita sunk into the earth really inspired my entire storybook.

Although I do not use my reading notes while writing, the thoughts formed while writing them stay with me during the writing portion each week.
I really enjoyed this image of Roots by RoRo on Wikimedia Commons 

I think focusing more on style in my reading notes may help me write better in general.    

Comments

Popular Posts