Story Lab: Storybook Research

I am using this Story Lab to look for inspiration and stories to base the birth section of my storybook on. I have completed the death post, which was exploring what it means for there to be no death. Now, I would like to look at a birth story and have the characters experience the transformation of a past being into a present being that has just come into this world.
I think for the next section of my storybook, which is entitled birth. I will focus on the birth of Sita from a furrow in a field as described in this video by Geethanjali on Youtube.
I will also use this in conjunction with the The Divine Archer by F. J. Gould, where Sita's life ends by going back to the earth. I really enjoyed writing a story about the relationship between Sita and mother earth briefly and would like to expand on it in the next section of my story book. This sort of cyclic life is perfect for what my storybook is trying to convey.
Finally, I will use moments from sita's adventures with Rama to inspire her life after her birth. They can be found here in the Ramayana: India's Immortal Tale of Adventure, Love and Wisdom by Krishna Dharma. 
Furrows by Derek Harper on Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular Posts